Church Highlights August/ September 2021
- September 13th (Monday) @ 4:30 PM: The Church of Healers gathering will be held over zoom. The topic this month is “Casting out fear.” All are welcome! The zoom link will be sent closer to the gathering date.
September 14th (Tuesday) @ 2 PM: Board Meeting over zoom
The Mother Church Annual Meeting from June 7th, 2021 is still available (for replay at https://www.christianscience.
com/additional-resources/ annual-meeting?icid=Homepage: slot3:WATCH%20THE%20REPLAY
This year’s continuing theme is “Grace to go forward.”
There will be a report about the meeting in the September issues of The Christian Science Journal and The Herald of Christian Science.
Live webcasts: Listen to church services, audio chats, and special event webcasts from the Mother Church, Christian Science Publishing Society, and Mary Baker Eddy Library. Online services and events – Christian Science
There are two lectures in Oregon in October, one a web lecture for Portland, and one in person in Lake Oswego.
Access all current C.S. Lectures with this link: Find a lecture
Sunday Church services and Sunday School are held at 1390 Pearl St, Eugene, at 10 AM. Childcare is available. There is a state mask mandate for public indoor spaces, but not for the performing musicians and readers. Wednesday testimony meetings are held at 7 p.m. on site at church, 1390 Pearl St, Eugene. Testimonies may be given in person or emailed to the clerk at email@example.com, to be read by our First Reader.
- Live stream: Both church services may be seen live streamed at this link: CS Church Eugene – Home Click on this link and then keep scrolling all the way down the page to click on the picture of the church service date you wish to play. You can control the sound volume on your device also. You do not ever have to sign in to Facebook (even if it asks you to) and do not need a Facebook account to play this live stream.
- Metaphysical topic: Our metaphysical topic for the next few months is based on study of the definition of church found on page 583 in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.
Last month’s study was “The structure of Truth and Love;” and this month’s study references “whatever rests upon and proceeds from divine Principle.” Feel free to send articles or thoughts on this topic that are meaningful to you (for the metaphysical committee) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Church ramp work: The ADA Accessibility Ramp project that church membership approved at our last business meeting will begin on Sept. 6th! (many thanks for the continuing work by our BG chair)!
The north alley door will not be available for use from September 6th until the railings are installed sometime after September 20th. People accessing an alley entrance will need to use the south alley door (closer to 14th St) during that period of time. It will be great to see our ramp plans come to fruition!
Committee Spotlight: The Music Committee
These committee members spend many hours considering the Bible Lessons coming up and which of the many solos available would be both appropriate for each week’s lesson and inspiring for our soloists to sing. They try them out and choose a solo for each week of that month. They also work with our musicians and soloists and act as a hiring committee when needed. As there are 52 weeks a year to consider, we all feel a deep gratitude for these committee members!
The Christian Science Reading Room at 1135 Willamette St., Eugene, OR is open in August on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- On September 7th, open hours will expand to M-F from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. You may also call at 541-344-6341 to order items, to ask questions, or to hear the latest hours on its answering machine! Or email: email@example.com
Thursdays @ 12:00 noon: The weekly Christian Science Bible Lesson is read and discussed in person at 1135 Willamette St. Come to share and learn together! Let the clerk know if you wish to be included with a zoom link.
- The Monthly Full Text Quarterlies are for sale in the Reading Room. Call to reserve your copy.
Reading Room refurbishment may be occurring when you next go there! Our awning sign may be down and painters at work, leading to fresh paint around our entire Willamette building, new awnings and better light. The goal: to better serve others and demonstrate the freshness, relevance, and love for our community and mankind that is an expression of our church in action.
Events in our church building
September 4–5: Richard Guy rehearsal 2-4pm (Saturday); piano, flute, cello performance 2 pm (Sunday)
September 26th (Sunday) 1 pm–5:00 pm : Julie Hessler personal violin recital
October 23-24: Richard Guy Emerald Chamber Orchestra rehearsal 1–4 pm (Sat0; performance 2 pm (Sun)
October 31, November 2 (Sunday, Tuesday): Delgani String Quartet begins its 2021/2022 concert season
“Loyal Christian Scientists, be of good cheer: the night is far spent, the day dawns; God’s universal kingdom will appear, Love will reign in every heart, and His will be done on earth as in heaven.” MBE (Mis. 213:27)