In person or in print:
- Books, pamphlets and other literature on Christian Science, along with the King James Bible and a wealth of Bible reference materials can be read, borrowed or purchased at any Christian Science Reading Room.
- A worldwide listing of Christian Science practitioners, spiritual professionals who assist others through effective prayer, can be found in any copy of the Christian Science Journal, or through the Journal Directory search box on the Christian Science practitioners website.
- Are you studying Christian Science and attending the University of Oregon? Connect with other CS students through the Christian Science Organization on campus.
On the web:
- Time4thinkers.com: a Web community for anyone seeking a deeper understanding of spirituality and life in order to make a difference in the world. Included are articles on spirituality, message boards, musical offerings, online discussions, and news of events around the world.
- ChristianScience.com: an introduction to anything you might want to know about Christian Science. Includes short videos where people tell how the understanding of God gained through studying Christian Science has been a practical, positive force in their lives. and other features, including the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, searchable–and readable–in its entirety online.
- Biblical Roots of Christian Science: A website produced by the Pasadena, California Christian Science Church with information relating Biblical passages to various writing of Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of Christian Science. From the introduction to the website:
The exhibit traces the path of deep Bible study which led Mary Baker Eddy to discover Christian Science, and in the process highlights the connection between the Bible and the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.
- Reading Room Resource Center: Information about helpful Christian Science publications as well as resources for those who work in the Reading Room.
- CSmonitor.com: web edition of the The Christian Science Monitor, the international daily newspaper acclaimed for its in-depth coverage of news and trends.
- Mary Baker Eddy Library for the Betterment of Humanity: The library’s purpose is to explore the power of ideas throughout history to inspire individuals and to change the world; to explore the contemporary search for life’s meaning and to chronicle the ideas, life and achievements of Mary Baker Eddy, the discoverer and founder of Christian Science.
- www.NCSCD.com: National Christian Science Care Database, a resource for Christian Scientists researching care options within the Christian Science field, as well as for family members who may not be Christian Scientists but who want to help a Christian Science relative obtain information and options.
- Information on the weekly Bible Lesson: Information about the weekly lessons and the various available formats and languages.
- Daily lift audio podcasts serve up fresh, inspiring messages from members of the Christian Science Board of Lectureship five days a week.
Are you looking for healing?
The following local Christian Science practitioners are members of our congregation. They are available to talk with you about healing through prayer, or to provide you with Christian Science treatment:
- Cindy Clague – phone (541) 344-0430
- Victoria Cole – phone (541) 731-4114
- James Shepherd – phone (541) 913-2818
Area Christian Science churches with websites:
- Albany Christian Science Church
- Beaverton Christian Science Church
- Bend Christian Science Church
- Corvallis Christian Science Church
- Lake Oswego Christian Science Church
- Newport Christian Science Society
- Portland (Tenth Church)
- Roseburg Christian Science Church
- Salem Christian Science Church
Click for a complete list of Oregon Christian Science churches.